Thursday, January 1, 2009

Puzzle Tree Studios

I don't think there are any specific rules in blogworld. You can even make up words like "blogworld".  No one comes bursting through the door out with a nightstick and handcuffs. So, with that freedom in mind I feel as though I'm at liberty to post a short blog about Puzzle Tree Studios. This studio is owned by Pete Droge. I first heard his name during the web search for "Who wrote that song in Almost Famous, when William walks by the hotel room door?" Yep, that's Pete Droge. Turns out he's done a ton of work with other greats like Stone Gossard and Peter Stroud (excellent guitarist in Sheryl Crowe's band). 

There are generally two types of recording studios. Some feel as though you're in some sort of a doctors office (early photos of the Beatles show the engineers at Abbey Road Studios in white lab coats). The other type of studio is very home-like. I never get the red recording light jitters but I know I feel more comfortable while recording at home as opposed to in what feels like a hospital. Puzzle Tree does the "Ahhh... no place like home" thing for me ten fold. 

No comments: