Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Miami "Vacation"

Had to take a flight down South to Miami for work this weekend. We were rolling out what is called the SRP which is an acronym for Social Response Pack. Basically we take a clients product and create additional social networks with it through the use of MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and a couple other social network sites. Rolling this out was pretty cool as we utilized guerilla marketing techniques to get the job done. Billy Mays and Sully were on hand for the event as well as a bunch of models. Here's a bit of a timeline...

Thursday Feb.26 - Asked to head down to the tradeshow to assist the marketing team with demonstrations of the Dual Saw and Zorbeez - Two of the many asseenontvnetwork products we promote. Short notice for a business trip but after checking with the tower (AKA my wife Sarah) I'm in...

Friday Feb. 27 - Regular work day.

Saturday Feb. 28 Depart O'Hare International for Miami. Can't leave an airport on an empty stomach so we had a quick bite at Wolfgang Pucks. I highly recommend the Chicken with Mashed Potatoes. I cannot remember what this was called on the menu but it was fantastic airport eats. We arrive in Miami and take a cab to the Hiatt Regency. Great hotel by the way with a cool bar called Verde Pure. I discovered a new beer there called Key West Amber Boch. Kind of like a Killian's... only better.

Sunday Mar. 1
Had quite a bit of downtime on Sunday so I thought I'd get even more immersed in the Social Marketing thing. I'm on twitter now. I haven't totally accepted it yet as it maybe a bit of social overkill but it's yet another nice way to stay up to date / in touch / nosy depending on how you look at it. Want to follow me? Go here.

Monday Mar. 2
Saw two manatees on the channel side walk into the Intercontinental where the show was held. I'm an animal lover so this was a highlight for me. The show went well during the day but the White Party was a huge success for LM and a great time as well. We held a private invite only party onboard the Tiki Beach party boat. Check out some roaming camera footage here.

Tuesday Mar. 3
Slow day. Fast night. The day was regular and we could tell the show was slowing down. That night I went out with a group and had a bite to eat and a bowl to drink at Cafe Cordoza. Yeah, I said bowl to drink by the way. It was a low lit Italian cafe right on Ocean Avenue. A decent experience. After dinner we asked the waiter for advice on after dinner partying. She mentioned the Delano with no hesitation. We're in a cab and on our way... I wasn't exactly comfortable at this joint. To say it wasn't my scene is a bit of an understatement as my last name isn't Hilton or Kardashian. Still, a weird / cool experience.

Other things happened but those were some of the major highlights. Until next time...

No comments: